Thread: compressor oil

Hybrid View

Re: compressor oil

Quote Originally Posted by The Viking View Post
    Yes, that is what i mean.
    If oil need to be removed it should be removed from the system, always use the cleanest oil possible.

Another thing for you to think of...
    The only way to remove all the oil from a compressor is to pour it out, by ports or drilled hole but poured out all the same.
    By running the compressor you will only manage to get a small amount out. (And are you sure you really want to run the compressor dry?
    Not true! you can use the vac pump to suck out the oil from the compressor. Although I have only seen it done on belt driven or semi-mermetique compressors. easy, simple oil changes and quick XD

Re: compressor oil

on a semi hermetic there should be a drain plug to empty the oil out- you can use a vac pump to pull the oil into the system by pulling a vac on the body and have a gaugeline or copper pipe into the oil can- as for vaccing oil out of a compressor with a vac pump-not recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakabus View Post
    Not true! you can use the vac pump to suck out the oil from the compressor. Although I have only seen it done on belt driven or semi-mermetique compressors. easy, simple oil changes and quick XD