Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
Unfortunately I think that OP is a one post wonder.
Hello
Sorry for having been a "one post wonder"! Thanks for your reply, it was good for my peace of mind, but I don't agree in waiting for things to fail before taking preventive action.

The compressor about which I originally asked in this thread is now dead. Oil was mixed with the water. The new compressor is in the way but the refrigerator technician is frowning upon the fact that the water that circulates in the circuit is full of fine sand. I fear that he may use that to avoid a warraty claim.

The refrigerator helps in regulating the temperature of the water of a pool where concrete test specimens are left for hardening a few days. These specimens leave a fine sand that the pump pumps through the whole system, (pipes, pump, electrovalves, heater and cooler).

There is a filter system in place but it gets saturated in about 3 days so the local maintenance technician simply removed the cartridges due to the high cost and scarce availability of the replacements. It was more important to keep the water at the right temperature. That way and with no maintenance the refrigerator worked for about 18 months after a maintenance that followed an unknown period of time being out of service.

The refrigerator technician says that the system should only pour cool water into the pool and drain the extra water so that the "dirty" water never recirculates into the refrigerator.

That would be very wasteful because in that city the temperature is usually above 30 celcius (86F) and the refrigerator works almost continuously except for a few weeks during winter.

My questions is: Is there something that I can install that help remove the thermal energy off the pool water while keeping the water of the refrigerator circuit separated from the water in the pool?

As far as I could search it looks like the only solution is a large capacity and self cleaning filter, but that is too costly, well above the budget.

I promise that this time I will tell you about the final setup.

Regards