Ooooh... Where to start.....

Mad Fridgie
Of course Food Satey and Food Quality are different things !??! But thanks for sharing that with us.
Am devestated the Don won't hear my comments;-). Probably cos he wouldn't really have much to say. He actually says in that report that 'on balance' he comes down on using Air temeperature -but this is hardly a 'You must use Air Temperature' statement. He then goes on to basically try to position things slightly in favour of using Air Temperature -because he probably works with or for someone who has a vested interest in this approach.

Peter_1
There is no point in me indulging in this here. Where I have used the Endocube is probably different to where you will be using it (or most probably NOT using it) to where Mad Fridgie will be NOT using it etc. It's going to work differently in different places and the only way you will find out if it works or not is to try it with an open mind and try to make it work. Something you all seem to have decided not too, which is fine. I have an idea -Don't use it -will that make you all happier or are you on some mission to stop other people trying it for some reason??? All I have really said here is that I know it works (gives energy savings) in lots of circumstances and, as far as I am aware, there has never been a food related problem. Given the hundred thousand or so already sold one must consider they must have something more than sales hype -but that seems to upset a lot of people ;-))

Chillerman
You obviously believe in brevity when investigating something that is supposed to bring so much benefit. Your comment about different foodstuffs and different temperatures is spot on, expect that what the Endocube is certified (by the NSF) to do is to change temperature at the same rate as a wide variety of control products (within a perfectly acceptable degree of variance). That is why it is better than using Jelly (which interestingly no one here seems to think is a bad idea and even Prof Don thinks it would work). Why so upset about a certified product doing it then?!?!?

As it happens I am not in the food chain on Endocube, we all are though if you are concerned about environmental issues -but that doesn't really matter. And if you want to believe I am then please feel free. But when I have seen a product working and followed it for a while and I see this kind of biased nonsense I am compelled to comment. Doesn't mean I know all the answers.

Chilllerman again.
As it happens I know at least one of the four Supermarkets you mention above has installed 1000's of Endocubes -does that make you think a little harder about it?. According to their refrigeration manager it has had absolutley no adverse effects across a lot of different types of refrigeration, and they bought them after several months of trials. I know him personally so I am not going to reveal which one of these it is, which would be a gross breach of confidence to name him or them -but it is absolutely the case. I have no idea whether the other three are investors in the device or not, but I do know of at least one other large Supermarket chain that has already installed hundreds.

It seems to me that, whilst I agree I am appearing rather pro the Endocube here, a lot of people are being, shall we say, unduly cynical, especially when the one thing they have in common is they all admit that none of them have had any actual experience of trying the solution???

Looking forward to the fall out from that one!!

CM.