Hybrid View

Re: The Trouble with the Industry !!

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Yes I was aware and have wondered since if you may have trained me...along time ago i quickly add

Due to my recent experience of this trainer in question, I would never use a citb centre again

I would only go one place ETS now known as ETW, even though its well out of my way and would these days due to my location include over night stays

A dog only bites me once and then he's gone
    I understand what you are saying about your center preference but the standard should be the same at every center and those who have been found to have a standard which is below the requirement should be brought to the attention of the certification body i.e. cskills of c&g

Re: The Trouble with the Industry !!

Quote Originally Posted by Quality View Post
    I understand what you are saying about your center preference but the standard should be the same at every center and those who have been found to have a standard which is below the requirement should be brought to the attention of the certification body i.e. cskills of c&g
    Yep, fair comment bud

but citb J11 is 100% to pass & renewable every 5years

c&g 2079 is 70-75% (i am told) & is for life just like 2078

That bit dont add up for starters, or does it

I have since found standards are the same at a place i often recommended untill I met someone they had trained and passed. The person I met spent just over half a day with me this week & now understands principles of ref. His actual words to me when I was getting ready to leave site was "I have learned more from you today than I did at that week long course"

I am not no trainer(just an engineer), but I do try to simplify things when explaining & I have good patience with trainee's that show interest. I also keep going over one thing till it sinks in & dont move on to another till we both sure they have got it.

Maybe I should be training the trainers my techniques, haha
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !