Hybrid View

Re: The Trouble with the Industry !!

Once again we hear the all or nothing crap. We need minimum laws, not zero laws and not laws that dictate how you must walk, talk, look, act and think, every waking moment of your life.

The vast majority of the scientific community can't be wrong? Aren't these the same crowd who said tomatoes were poisonous? They are often wrong... and these days they are funded/controlled by politicians.

Some of the worst jobs I have seen were done by licensed people... and some of the best by unlicensed people. It doesn't mean a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Once again we hear the all or nothing crap. We need minimum laws, not zero laws and not laws that dictate how you must walk, talk, look, act and think, every waking moment of your life.

Too Right Mate

you have a perfect way of summing up Gary

Cheers chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

With the massive changes going on around us, post 911, expect more intrusion, not less into our lives. I am a bit libertarian as well which is why I couldn't live in Europe, I think, but i do understand the flawed way we create the laws, many of which I hate as much as you guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post

The vast majority of the scientific community can't be wrong? Aren't these the same crowd who said tomatoes were poisonous? They are often wrong... and these days they are funded/controlled by politicians.

Some of the worst jobs I have seen were done by licensed people... and some of the best by unlicensed people. It doesn't mean a thing.
    Gary , the vast number of scientists who work on global warming are at universities, which by the way, are supposed to be areas where one can undertake study in almost anything and discuss almost anything without interference from governments or corporations. This is the very basis of the University and has been for centuries. Unfortunately the world IS moving towards a corporate agenda whether we like it or not (govt is more and more controlled by them), and funding is coming more and more from corporate sources. This is a fact in North America although less so in Europe.

In the medical world, where my wife is a scientist, the govt says "we have to reduce arthritis". You scientists present grants for possible avenues to explore and a body of your peers will decide (not the government, mind you) if they have merit. Then you get the funds.

The scientists (and I know a few) couldn't care less about a govt agenda. They are from all areas of study and some of them just wonder why all the frogs are disappearing, for example. They just want to find out why something is happening and if it points left, they go left. If it point right they turn right.

The climate conferences put out their report and that report is a consensus report so if 5% of the scientists don't agree, it doesn't go in the report. In this way, what you read is the very base of agreement. Nothing pie in the sky.....nothing overblown.