Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
The way to improve skills is to improve education... but then, we've been playing that game ever since I can remember. Every time there is a call for better education in our industry, what we end up getting is more education, not better education. More of what we don't need to know instead of what we do need to know.

It's like teaching someone how to swim. We teach him all about the chemical and physical properties of water and precisely how to build a swimming pool, then throw him in the deep end and wonder why he drowns. What can we expect when those who decide what constitutes "better education" are the people who design pools, rather than the expert swimmers?
It's late here now mate but I think I get what you mean

We need expert swimmers to pass on the skills, not so much pool attendents & without interference from politicians

It's just like the olympics though, larger countries have more expert swimmers to choose from & smaller ones have to just use what they do have & only occasionly gain medals when a gifted swimmer is found.

We still have a problem here then, people learning to swim & passing on there skills as they go, sadly not many of olympic standard