Hybrid View

tL9f8G2NBFX9bdh Guest

Re: Cold Storage Design

You will need speed in supply and service #1. Use what you have guaranteed access to locally.
    Compatibility of systems has also got to be paired with #1 for priority.

Efficiency has to run a close #1. You have to keep overhead as low as possible to maintain profit and competitive edge.

Dependability is right there with Efficiency. If you have delays that can't be resolved ASAP your customers will give you even more headaches than you already have.

Your engineering and planning firm is concerned with their future too, they won't willingly or knowingly recommend something that's out of line with reality. If they go out on a limb on any recommendations and the future shows they were not up to snuff, they loose reputability. It's great that you're doing your own research, but when you present your ideas, present them as you wanting to learn why such and such isn't recommended, not as 'I think this might be better'. You can allow the firm to educate you or you can intimidate them. You don't want to intimidate them and they should be more than willing to educate someone who comes across as very willing to learn.

Re: Cold Storage Design

Hi all, John here from Oztech Refrig in Sydney.
    Has been an interesting thread here.

I don't lay claim to know everything on these issues, but maybe my input could have some sort of help - i hope.

Refrigeration
    In regards to the industrial refrigeration side, i'de be sticking to what we've all known, and for me would be Amonia.

' Back in the day' (as they say), Amonia was used in just about every industrial plant here. I'de see the big o'l 'Willack', 'Budge', or 'trane' compressors chugging along at 500rpm, quite happely doing the job without issue.
    The twin cylinder Budges had quite large pistons, with a stroke of around 5 foot, so plenty of work being done. Amonia is a very efficient gas, so didn't need super high revving compressor in some cases.
    Oh, great thing about Amonia, you can alway's detect a leak without instruments, lol. We use to burn sulphuric acid on a tin plate, and wave it near connections. When a leak was detected, the sulphuric acid would smoke up, aaah th good o'l day's.

Recom, Trane, Bitzer, like them all. Just make sure you have the company located in your country, or at least a stockpile of spares.

Solar panels

A few types here, ' Monocrystaline, & Polycrystaline ' are two i know. Mono types have a higher energy transfer than Poly. Mono are the 'square' type, and are black, Poly are the rectangle type and are bluey type.
    There's off grid or on grid applications, in your circumstance, i would think on grid is the go, and claim rebate back for returning energy back to the grid via the panels.
    Im seriously thinking of going off grid at home via, solar panels, batteries, inverters, and wind fans to keep the charges up. Had enough being ripped off by energy company here.

Don't know about ins panels, but do know, october last year, i paid $270.00 for a bottle of 22, now i pay $700.00, rediculous.

Peace guy's, good luck.