Hybrid View

Re: Endocube Hoodwink or Science

I just listened to the voice over for a few seconds and it immediatly triggered another concern

''endocube mimicks the properties of food and beverage''

well thats just finished it for me

food and beverages all react differently to heat transfer and one device can not accuratly immitate them all

Sorry Coldmetal but endocube is on my list to advise as avoid

R's chillerman
    Last edited by chillerman2006; 18-03-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    I just listened to the voice over for a few seconds and it immediatly triggered another concern

''endocube mimicks the properties of food and beverage''

well thats just finished it for me

food and beverages all react differently to heat transfer and one device can not accuratly immitate them all

Sorry Coldmetal but endocube is on my list to advise as avoid

R's chillerman
    Hi Chillerman,

I always enjoy your posts but based on your statement about food and beverages all react differently to heat transfer and one device can not accurately imitate them all that is absolutely true. but isnt that the same as having a "range" or an "average" temperature of products in one Cold-room such as a produce cold-room with lettuce, avocados etc stored which has different specific heats and heat transfer?

If we didnt compromise and draw the line somewhere we would have one cold-room for Avacodos, one cold-room for Lettuce, one cold-room for fish, one cold-room for lamb and every other type of food stored with different specific heat and transfer rates in cold-rooms around the World.

So the Endocube compound inside it is doing exactly that, covering a "range" or an"average" just like cold-room storage covers a "range" now all over the World.

We have to draw a line somewhere.

Jeeees hope that makes sense!
    buddy

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Hi Chillerman,

I always enjoy your posts but based on your statement about food and beverages all react differently to heat transfer and one device can not accurately imitate them all that is absolutely true. but isnt that the same as having a "range" or an "average" temperature of products in one Cold-room such as a produce cold-room with lettuce, avocados etc stored which has different specific heats and heat transfer?

If we didnt compromise and draw the line somewhere we would have one cold-room for Avacodos, one cold-room for Lettuce, one cold-room for fish, one cold-room for lamb and every other type of food stored with different specific heat and transfer rates in cold-rooms around the World.

So the Endocube compound inside it is doing exactly that, covering a "range" or an"average" just like cold-room storage covers a "range" now all over the World.

We have to draw a line somewhere.

Jeeees hope that makes sense!
    Forgetting Endocube for a moment, the compromise you talking about is what temp is best for a product. In large institutions (mass storage) they do have different rooms at different conditions for specific products.
    ( SHC and heat transfer is really nothing to do with when the product is already at temp)

Back to chillermans argument.

example one if the air temp is always between 1 & 2C, the product will always be between these temps.

Example 2, (endocube) the air can (not limited to) between -2 and +4, to give the same average air temp.
    Now a lettuce leaf has little mass, so will basically swing in temp between the above numbers, but an apple has mass and will not swing as much because of the mass and heat transfer properties.
    Now as you can see the lettuce is likely to freeze, so the thermostat has to be turned up, so the the swing is going to be 0 to 6C.
    The average core temp will raise compared to the air control system. But still within acceptable limits
    This where the energy saving is made.
    it may well be that, we do not need close control, or food to be as cold as we are presently storing it.
    This is all the endocube is doing! But you do not need an endocube to make these changes.
    (the benefit on short cycling we can agree on)

Talking Re: Endocube Hoodwink or Science

Very interesting read by all parties,

Hi,
    Long time reader first time poster,

I myself have just taken over the maintenance of an IGA food chain with 15 stores across Victoria Australia,

To my amazement one of the stores has a total fit out of "endocube's" e.g. (every case and cold room)

The chain managers have asked little old me to conduct a survy on the feasibility of the cube and if its worth installing into all other stores,

Power monitoring devices have been installed to the refrigeration boards for some time before and after the installation of the cube and I'm using data loggers in a range go cases and room.

I should have some interesting answers for your conversations in the coming weeks