There is no low pressure cutoff on my Carrier brand condensing unit. A lot of other protective things were not installed either. Probably their units run a long time without these things & when they would come in handy to protect the compressor the unit is out of warranty.

The time elapsed from 'show up' to 'power on' was about 1 & 1/2 hours. My objective was to get through this 'horrible' hot weather we're having here in Texas. My original intention was to completely replace the system during our cold period.

My questions relate to the 'oil' issues of improper handling. I also wanted to know how to check the oil volume in a small homeowner type scroll.

During the three week elapsed time since my 1st compressor failed I have found about 12 things that different 'reputable' contractors have done improperly. From the primary ground wire not connected to my air handler upstairs - to the screws that support the 'A' coil being left out after servicing.

I'm trying to get better educated so I can try to make sure that the work is done properly & professionally.

I am a little puzzled that there has not been more comments like the one from 'split Croatia' that give manufacturer's information about how to make up for something like improperly transporting a scroll.

I think I know how to check the oil level, it appears to be crude, but might be the only way: dump the oil out.... measure it.... add make up oil.... dump it back in. Then leave it vertical for at least a day & longer if possible before powering on.

Seems like something that most contractors would not want to do.