Threaded View

Re: LG Multisplit ongoing issue... slowly getting there I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    BY saying it isn't a controls issue I mean that the fans are responding correctly to the coil temperature.
    What I meant when I suggested a controls issue was that the EEV on that unit might be being told to open more than the other units at thermo off.

The fact though in cooling it shuts fully at thermostat off and the coil doesnt get cold means that refrigerant isnt flowing through the coil... there shouldnt be any difference in heating it should be opening/closing as far as the system tells it to without difficulty. I agree with you I dont think its a eev/control issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    Possibly the shortened pipe length is not allowing the heated gas time to cool/condense before reaching the indoor coil.
    Yes I agree this is the theory that my engineer put to me also and said that with a longer pipe run the pressure will drop in the pipework so not as much gas will reach the indoor unit... not sure how this affects the rest of the system and what a longer pipe run would do?

Currently because the fan is continuining to dissipate heat from the coil that is at thermo off what would be happening to the system for capacity to drop off at the unit that is still calling for heat?

Does this do something to the system pressures or something?

I mean if we fitted a longer pipe run so that the gas cooled/condensed before it got to the indoor unit would this not do the same to system conditions as the gas cooling/condensing in the indoor unit because the fan is dissipating the heat?

I am trying to get my head around what may be happening and trying to compare it against having the longer piperun.

Eg if I dont have the longer pipe run then the heat build up is being removed at the indoor unit as apposed to length of pipe outside... or if I do have a longer pipe run the gas loses momentum and doesnt have enough momentum to move to the indoor unit so in affect its moving very slow to the indoor unit? I know gas moves easier than liquid.

I could get the engineer to come and add extra pipe work coiled up behind the unit, unsightly I know but no where else to route it.. if this doesnt work then its more money spent that wasnt needed... so need to get an understanding of how shorter pipe run might affect the heating before I make the decision to get him back out.

Completley baffled but I think I am onto something just dont have enough understanding of how the system works to get my head round it.

LG havent explained unless I get the engineer to call them but have said that a short pipe run could cause adverse operation of the system.

Again, thanks for your help so far...

Richard.
    Last edited by back2space; 28-09-2010 at 10:13 PM.