Threaded View

Re: LG Multisplit ongoing issue... slowly getting there I think!

Still nothing from LG.

Sent them a further email: I think the cheaper solution in the long run is to get the fans to stop on the floor units, the wall mounts have the fans turn off at thermo off.

Not sure how else to get the fans to stop other than as I have suggested below.

"
    Hello,

Haven't heard back from you but my engineer says we just need to be able to get the fans on the indoor units to stop when they reach thermostat off. The floor mounts are causing the problem as the fans continue to run when the coils are warm and this takes heat from the rest of the system that still needs it. The wall mounted unit doesn't. The fan only runs at thermo on and then samples the air temp every 4 minutes.

He has shown this is the issue as we disconnected the fan motor at thermostat off and then the coil temps went affected on units still at thermo on.

Question is how can we resolve this it is obviously a flaw in the control software that doesn't keep the fans off. The coils on both floor mount and wall mount run at same temp at thermo off yet the the wall mount doesn't keep it's fan running.

Would a wall mount pcb fit the floor mount unit given that they are the same size. 3.5kws? Or would the connectors not fit. In theory it should as the same remote control will run any of the units. Also are the fan motors controlled differently?

This I think would be a good solution as disconnecting the fan motor proved that there was no performance loss on the other units. If not could You guys change something in the software to keep the fan off? "
    Last edited by back2space; 26-10-2010 at 07:49 PM.