Thread: Hall of shame.

Hybrid View

Re: Hall of shame.

One of are engineers switched off the condenser fans and left the comps running on a large pack so that he could build up the pressure in the condenser to check for a leak while stood on the liquid receiver. And listening for leaks the pressure relief valve pooped R404A missing him by inches. When it was reported to the Refrigeration Manager he failed to question why the HP control never cut the comps first. I think refrigeration Managers have a responsibility to question any risks by staff and equipment.All I find now is the same engineer now is sent on jobs when he can't find the fault blames the comp failed.I am then sent to change the comp to find the comp ok and the condencer blocked with dust or what ever simple fault it is.Leaving me to cover his ass or dob him in.I have now left.....

Here is short story told to me a long time ago by the Copeland manager for the local parts supply back home.

A long time refrigeration contractor came in and asked for a new hermetic compressor. The manager looked up the correct part, picked out the compressor and a new set of driers.

The contractor took the parts and went back to the job site. Three or four hours later my friend got a phone call from the contractor.

This is the conversation that took place.....

The &^%$%& compressor is not working right!

OK, what is the problem?

The compressor runs, but is not doing anything.

Is the suction valve open (a Rotolock valve)?

Yes!! But the suction pressure is not decreasing. Why did you give me a bad compressor???? This is costing me money and the customer is going to call you because you gave him a bad compressor. What are you going to do???

Nothing, but I'll tell you what to check.

OK, what should I do?

Take the suction valve off of the compressor and call me back.

Much cursing and shouting now happens and the contractor slams down the phone.

An hour later the phone rings again.

OK smart A*S, I took the valve off now what?

Look inside the threaded connection on the valve. What do you see?

End of conversation.........

OK guys are you ready for the answer?

You are going to love this.

A red plastic plug was still in the Rotolock valve body.

I love happy endings.

Have a short one ,walk-in-cooler has a leak (this is the company i work for) they send a guy out to it the guy finds the leak fixes the leak,he "blows out the unit" with some refrigerant while on the roof he decides to charge unit up,he looks around and about 4 other condensing units are on the roof,he looks on the name plate of 2 it says 404a so he figures this cooler must use 404a charges up unit blows high side gauge on manifold set ,turns unit off and tells boss that I would sort it the next day.
    Next day I get sent to unit, have to recover 404a gas,look on name plate unit uses R22,have to do the whole works get unit up and running and to end it all the boss gives the guy a pat on the back because he responded to the initial call in less than 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman
    Here is short story told to me a long time ago by the Copeland manager for the local parts supply back home.

A long time refrigeration contractor came in and asked for a new hermetic compressor. The manager looked up the correct part, picked out the compressor and a new set of driers.

The contractor took the parts and went back to the job site. Three or four hours later my friend got a phone call from the contractor.

This is the conversation that took place.....

The &^%$%& compressor is not working right!

OK, what is the problem?

The compressor runs, but is not doing anything.

Is the suction valve open (a Rotolock valve)?

Yes!! But the suction pressure is not decreasing. Why did you give me a bad compressor???? This is costing me money and the customer is going to call you because you gave him a bad compressor. What are you going to do???

Nothing, but I'll tell you what to check.

OK, what should I do?

Take the suction valve off of the compressor and call me back.

Much cursing and shouting now happens and the contractor slams down the phone.

An hour later the phone rings again.

OK smart A*S, I took the valve off now what?

Look inside the threaded connection on the valve. What do you see?

End of conversation.........

OK guys are you ready for the answer?

You are going to love this.

A red plastic plug was still in the Rotolock valve body.

I love happy endings.

i done that before but luckily enough i found it out for myself