Thread: Hall of shame.

Hybrid View

Re: Hall of shame.

Ok so this one probably beats the lot, got called out to have a look at a job that was done at the local brewery, and getting there we had a look around, got told that they had just replaced a compressor in the main chiller and I decided to have a look, OMG this beats all of what was done!!!!!!!!!
    the semi was replaced with a sealed unit, but they "forgot" to bolt it down, the electrical box was stripped off the semi and "wired" to fit the sealed unit, but kinda left dangling in the air without the cover on, the "cowboy" didn't have a tube bender with him, so he gave the discharge pipe a really funky looking loop to the condenser inlet, but forgot to "move" his expertly wired harness, the connector block that he had fitted to "join" the wiring touched and melted away, exposing the wiring and you could well imagine POOF!!!!!!
    he's kinda upset about loosing 10kg's of R22, but then again we had so much flooding down here who the hell cares about global warming!!!!!!

OH well looks like I got a really great job coming up when he refuses to come back, customer says that he will continue calling this monkey back till he fixes the job correctly!!!

I WILL be taking photo's to share with you all!!!
    customer wants to remain anon though hahahahaha

I'll own up to one job I did many, many moons ago when we still used to blow condensers clean with 502 I was a young lad repairing an ice cream van that had a fractured capilary line. I reffited the capilary tube into the suction where it had snaped off, purged the system of air and charged it up till it frosted back. The I let out a little bit of gas to stop the liquid flooding the comp. For some reason though it would not work. It took very little gas and frosted back very easily. I had to have help to put it right.

Cheers taz.

Quote Originally Posted by andre_fridge View Post
    Ok so this one probably beats the lot, got called out to have a look at a job that was done at the local brewery, and getting there we had a look around, got told that they had just replaced a compressor in the main chiller and I decided to have a look, OMG this beats all of what was done!!!!!!!!!
    the semi was replaced with a sealed unit, but they "forgot" to bolt it down, the electrical box was stripped off the semi and "wired" to fit the sealed unit, but kinda left dangling in the air without the cover on, the "cowboy" didn't have a tube bender with him, so he gave the discharge pipe a really funky looking loop to the condenser inlet, but forgot to "move" his expertly wired harness, the connector block that he had fitted to "join" the wiring touched and melted away, exposing the wiring and you could well imagine POOF!!!!!!
    he's kinda upset about loosing 10kg's of R22, but then again we had so much flooding down here who the hell cares about global warming!!!!!!

OH well looks like I got a really great job coming up when he refuses to come back, customer says that he will continue calling this monkey back till he fixes the job correctly!!!

I WILL be taking photo's to share with you all!!!
    customer wants to remain anon though hahahahaha

Waiting for your pics Andre

A friend of my dads took a picture of small unit on a farm in se england.this unit comprised of a 12.5hp compressor,a 1/2 inch filter drier, a nice and tidy condensor and an R22 EMPTY GAS CYLINDER AS A RECIEVER.someone had even drilled the holes and soldered the pipes into it.I will get the photo coz it looks the biz and i wish i was that inventive.

Angry Re: Hall of shame.

if anyone would like to pressure test a system with oxygen i would like to see pictures of the outcomee.hehe.

I know someone who in the 70s blew a condeser clean with propane and then blew the shop windows out when he lit his leak lamp.

Cheers taz.

Many years ago I went to commission a new AC system serving a restaurant. Day was very hot. I was told system had a holding charge of R22.

Started comp and suction just dropped, added more gas - no change.

Check system found liquid line from condenser connected to the reciver connection marked ontlet !!!!!! (Both connections on top of LR shell - outlet being fitted with a dip pipe). lliquid from receiver comming from top of receiver shell.

Only option, as managed of resturant getting most upset, but to blow off complete charge. Approx 80 lbs. R22. (Global warming had'nt been invented in those days)

This affected the sensor for the AC system and turned on FULL HEATING. Restaurant manager even more unhappy!!!!

Latter when mentioning problem to the installing ENGINEER ???????? he said he did not know that one of the receiver connections had a dip tube and his arrangement looked better.

Happy days

Mick

Hi all new to this but laughing a lot all the same.

Went to look at an existing R22 rooftop package A/C unit that the encumbant engineers had been unable to determine the problem. They said that it was sort of working as there was a TD across the compressor but that there didn't appear to be any action on the indoor section.

We had a look over the unit and there are two 25kW circuits. After a brief check we found that there was a blockage across one of the TX valves. We suggested reclaiming the system and checking it out.

This is what we found...

I think they need to work on their maintenance regimes a little more.

Cheers Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images