Hybrid View

Re: Question for an expert about Danfoss Maneurop compressor

Quote Originally Posted by monkey spanners View Post
    Have seen dairy milk filters used in similar aplications,

http://www.milkingmachines.co.uk/uk2shop-22.htm

They can be taken apart for regular cleaning.

If the compressor oil has got into the water circuit the heat exchanger must be broken, if its not fixed the new compressor will fail also.
    Hi Jon

just had a look at them myself

would suit his purpose nicely

he could run triple bypass circuits so he can always have one clean, one in use & one being changed

would certainly be a cheaper option than heat exchangers in the short term but I wonder how this would balance out long term, bearing in mind the abrassiveness of sand and its effect on a heat exchanger

R's chillerman
    If the World did not Suck, We would all fall off !

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post
    Hi Jon

just had a look at them myself

would suit his purpose nicely

he could run triple bypass circuits so he can always have one clean, one in use & one being changed

would certainly be a cheaper option than heat exchangers in the short term but I wonder how this would balance out long term, bearing in mind the abrassiveness of sand and its effect on a heat exchanger

R's chillerman

We are leaving filtering out for now. We are adding a cleaning circuit that will have to be run maybe once a week. The valves set a circuit that pump clean water from a reservoir to drainage so the operator must push a few buttons and leave water running until it is visibly clear.

Also, we found that the whole refrigerator system was purchased 10 years ago, but there is no way to know how long it's been working and there is no maintenance record.

The water feels very smooth but leaves hands very dry. I was told that it isn't exactly "a very fine sand", rather puzzolane. Probably it can be rough on the surfaces when pushed by the pump. It also seems to stick and accumulate on the surfaces that are in contact with the water.

Thanks for the assistance

Quote Originally Posted by rolocz View Post
    We are leaving filtering out for now. We are adding a cleaning circuit that will have to be run maybe once a week. The valves set a circuit that pump clean water from a reservoir to drainage so the operator must push a few buttons and leave water running until it is visibly clear.

Also, we found that the whole refrigerator system was purchased 10 years ago, but there is no way to know how long it's been working and there is no maintenance record.

The water feels very smooth but leaves hands very dry. I was told that it isn't exactly "a very fine sand", rather puzzolane. Probably it can be rough on the surfaces when pushed by the pump. It also seems to stick and accumulate on the surfaces that are in contact with the water.

Thanks for the assistance
    the concrete will have a high level of lime in it making it very alkalie am guessing you will have a dusty atmosphere as well so water will have a high corosion rate as well will make it feel strange so would suggest you change water as much as you can to reduce the damage to chiller system if it has been in 10 yrs go fo a complete new system with a new design will be worth the outlay in long run
    I can fix broke but I cant fix stupid :)