Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
Peter I have been watching this thread with intrest.
You have not got the answers you wanted from her (I fear you have not been taken serious).

If I may add my view.

You are planning to use c02 in a steam turbine type system to generate electricity?

You callculate that there is more energy stored in the c02 than there is in water?

You needed charts to work out flow rates and such?

I do not know if what you propose is viable or not but regardless of the medium you will have to put energy into the system before you get the energy out. You state that there is more energy in c02 than there is in water but you will have to supply that energy, it will not be free.
You have to take into consideration how you plan to cool the c02 down after it has passed through the turbine.
Also I don't think your pressures are right regarding c02 your figures at 30deg C are not far off but you need to look at the pressures of 10000 bar for the high end pressure.

Not much help to you I'm sure just my thoughts.

Keep posting updates about your progress because I for one found your post intresting..

All the best taz.

Hello Taz,
Sorry for so long'
So many figures
Relying on ruler and Wikipedia phase diagram Co2.

Co2 pressure increases with temperature rise.

Co2 is Refrigerant R-744.

Absorption fridge uses a boiler in place of a compressor.

Co2 is contained in a turbine, this replacing the absorption fridge boiler.

As liquid Co2 receives heat pressure is developed and the liquid turns to vapour.

Absorption fridge returns vapour to liquid by use of a pressure restrictor at choke point.

A turbine acheives the same purpose by asorbing the pressure enrgy. (as done in Helium cooling)

Cool Co2 under pressure is liquid, this ocurring second third of rotation.

At third stage ifs rotation brings dramatic degrees in pressure creating dry ice of remaing Co2 liquid, having less than 5 bar pressure.

Web search> Co2 is liquid at 73 bar and 31.2 degrees Celsisus, Co2 liuid forms dry ice -93 degrees Celsius at 3 bar pressure.

University of America> 80% efficient hydro turbine 9 bar pressure 1 litre per second 720 watts doubling with flow.

Air temperature of above 5 degrees Celsisus obtains sufficent bar pressure for operation.

The turbine footrint is calculated on wattage or megawattage output.

A 1 litre turbine rotating sixty times per minute, 9 bar pressure is 720 watts, 1000 RPM 720 Kw.

Spent six years making working models, but have to rely upon the Web to explain why it works, rather than just saying stick a turbine in a gas fridge.

Can post schematics etc, if walked through it.

Cheers

Peter