Threaded View

Re: Mitsubishi ecodan Heatpump Boiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kesh-NI View Post
    Good evening Frank and Debonair Spain

Thanks for the advice DS, and Frank that's very welcome news about the estimated costs over the year.

DS, I wouldn't know how to calculate heat loss so again a bit of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, as informative as the web is, I'm having difficulty finding a price list for the essential components I would need. Can anyone suggest a good source in Northern Ireland, or do I have to get Frank over? By the way, it sounds like the electricity savings are funding his visits to the pub!
    Hi Kesh heatloss is based on how well your property is built to stop the heat from escaping through walls, windows and doors, ie type of bricks used, type of insulation used, type of windows double or triple glazing and floor and ceiling make up as well. And not forgetting the size of the house.

This is why England is using low capacity Altherma systems compared to Spain because English houses are built to try and stop the heat from escaping where Spanish houses are built to lose the heat.

I found plumbingpages.com quite useful.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Debonair Spain; 01-04-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: wrong website address