Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post
Andy,

And do you over-cool the products during the night so that the air temperature swings are minimized?

How much difference is there between off peak power costs and on peak power costs there in Ireland?
Hi Iceman.
Sorry for jumping in on an old post. But maybe some of the questions are still relevent.
I can't speak for Andy but I supect the Tarrifs are not disimilar.
Here in the UK. It is very much dependant on who you purchase your Electricity from.
But generally speaking ther can be as many as 5 different Tarrifs throughout a 24hr period. Also logically what season you are in determines what you pay.
The most expensive period is between the months of January and February with the hours of 1600hrs to 1900hrs @20 to 30 pence per unit and between 2400hrs to 0600hrs can be as little as
3 pence per unit.
The difference is so huge that we started to adopt a policy of "Load Shedding". Where all non eccential equipment was turned off during some or all of the daytime. The shift fork trucks had timers fitted so that irrespective of when they were pluggged in the only came on charge after 1900hrs.
Where possible two stage timers and stats have been fitted. So that the chambers are held at the warmest option during the day and the lowest ( plant fully loaded during the night ).
I suspect that both you and Andy have the load shedding of the plant down to a fine art.
But just as an observation slightly outside the box
you may be able to offer even more savings.
If I am repeating what's been said I appologise but like many before me I cannot download the full copy of your pdf.
Grizzly.