Toshiba split pulling a vacuum

Hi

I have a heatpump split pulling a vac in cooling mode and barely reaching a 0 bar in heating.
    I have previously fixed a leak on the suction flare nut and suspect it may have been drawing in moisture for sometime.
    I did give it am hour vacuum and fresh charge however these symptoms still occur,

I am suspecting a blocked strainer after the mov on the outdoor or mov not working correctly. I have heard a clicking noise from mov adjusting so it may be ok.

Any suggestions on this or method for checking mov operation? Am I looking at a triple evacuate?

Cheers

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Toshiba split pulling a vacuum

OK, you gave it an hour with a vacuum pump, what was the vacuum reading when you stopped?

What state was the oil in? I have known Tosh's in the past with contaminated oil after a leak and have had to blow it out of the evaporator and pipelines before anything much happened.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi Brian,

The vac was at around 28.7 hg? How did u manage to sort the oil issue out?? Strange thing is that when I isolate the power equalisation happens no problem which leads me in the direction of a part giving problems!

There was no major change in oil colour however I will change it any way tomorrow!

Ta

Sounds like blockage/restriction within refrigerant piping. It may sound a little silly but are the service valves open?

Blog Entries

What kind of Toshiba split unit is that?
    Give us model number.
    Suction flare nut is not suction in heating mode!!!

use schraeder core removers for when u vac and charge- it will reduce vac times

had a similar problem on a tosh and other systems, usually its a blocakge in the system of some sort. however recently had this where it was an eev coil that had failed and was showing up all the signs of leaks!

Where can I get a tool to reinstall shrader without compromising vacuum?

Ive got one which allows you to change shraders on a pressurised system but it has no connection for a hose that I can vacuum on.

So if I vacuum without shraders, then remove coupler to reinstall shraders it will loose its vacuum.

hey there guys try listening for them Pulse valve opening on start up, this acts like the EEV and you should hear it motor when the unit goes to start. Have you put it thru the fault diagnosis via the remote this will test everything in the system

hope this helps

Is that a trick question???
    A system under vac is a pressurised system, it just so happens that pressure is negative!!!!
    Cheers
    Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by Click4 View Post
    Where can I get a tool to reinstall shrader without compromising vacuum?

Ive got one which allows you to change shraders on a pressurised system but it has no connection for a hose that I can vacuum on.

So if I vacuum without shraders, then remove coupler to reinstall shraders it will loose its vacuum.
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by stufus View Post
    Is that a trick question???
    A system under vac is a pressurised system, it just so happens that pressure is negative!!!!
    Cheers
    Stu
    No its not a trick question lol.

The tool I have for automotive applications, if a system is presurized with refrigerant or under vacuum it allows you to remove the valve without compromising an existing vacuum or refrigerant pressurized system.

BUT

I need a tool, whereby, I can remove the shrader, attach a vacuum hose to the same tool, then vacuum, then re-install the shrader valve without opening the system to atmosphere.

Problem with the one I have at the moment for automotive use, is it has no vacuum hose connection.. so if I remove the valve, I then need to remove the tool in order to connect a vacuum pump and vacuum the system down.. but then after I have pulled a vacuum... i cant re-install the valve without disconnecting the the vacuum hose..so it will loose its vacuum again.

There is a tool available which works on HVAC systems, but cant find one for automotive use.. seems like because nobody bothers removing shraders on automotive applications nobody is making a tool to do it.

The one you have ,does it allow the valve core/shrader to be removed from the back after you hace closed the valve on the tool????
    If so can you not connect a 1/4 line to the tool then open the valve on it and vac?? Then reverse the procedure to complete the job.
    Any chance of a picture of your core remover?
    Cheers
    Stu

Hang on i have spotted the problem here.
    This is a thread about a Toshiba split system and you are talking about auto a/c.
    This is much easier if people dont hijack threads and start their own.
    cheers
    Stu