Hybrid View

Re: Need some help from the experts.

Quote Originally Posted by acdcmike View Post
    Thanks anyway folks.

Got an answer in another forum from a well known cascading cooler guy and I will be cascading my units.
    I have a question.

The Danfoss NF9FX Process Connector is something I'm just not finding gen on.
    Can oil from an oil reservoir be returned to this connector?

Turns out I cannot cascade my compressors and expect higher temps, it's only a 9cc compressor. I did bring up a viable idea to the boys in the other forum though, and that was to put them in parallel. I've been reading for a while now and I'm gaining much knowledge in refrigeration. I'm at the point where I put a diagram together and it seems to be pretty good in their eyes.

I'm a licensed electrician with a cert in electronic controls and I always wanted to have HVACR under my belt but never could find the time.

I really wish I could post the drawing I made but I don't have enough posts in yet.

I guess I can post attachments.

This is what I have so far;
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd like to add some shots of my build as well. I am committed to learning and building this system.

Quote Originally Posted by acdcmike View Post
    I have a question.

The Danfoss NF9FX Process Connector is something I'm just not finding gen on.
    Can oil from an oil reservoir be returned to this connector?

Turns out I cannot cascade my compressors and expect higher temps, it's only a 9cc compressor. I did bring up a viable idea to the boys in the other forum though, and that was to put them in parallel. I've been reading for a while now and I'm gaining much knowledge in refrigeration. I'm at the point where I put a diagram together and it seems to be pretty good in their eyes.

I'm a licensed electrician with a cert in electronic controls and I always wanted to have HVACR under my belt but never could find the time.

I really wish I could post the drawing I made but I don't have enough posts in yet.
    Hi,

I'm quoting my own post.

I know that the lubrication system of a hermetically sealed compressor is inherent and no external lubrication is required, unless fresh gas charging is done.

If oil and vapor always leaves the discharge connector it can cause some issues all around. In paralleled compressor systems, hermetic or not, oil seperators need to be used right?

The addition of a regulator will assure that both compressors are getting equal amounts of oil from the reservoir right?

If oil can be added to a hermetically sealed compressor before fresh gas charging, can the oil recirculate through the process connector after fresh gas charging?

Would a steady recirculating flow of oil at the process connector damage the compressor in any way being that the oil flow is regulated?

I noticed that most regulators have a three bolt pattern and are bolted to the compressor near the bottom.
    Is the a regulator that can be added to this style of compressor?
    Is there an adaptor kit to go from three bolt to copper line?
    Will the regulator still work if it's at the top of the compressor?
    Would I see the oil in the regulator sight glass?

Thanks folks.

I updated my drawing

Hi folks,

Made a few changes to my drawing. I added gauges and changed the accumulators to verticals.