Question Daikin Liquid Temp.

Also what kind of liquid temp would you expect to get to get at 40 deg coutside, i am finding it hard to get under 12deg c liquid temp, and 28deg in the house, the unit has been on since 8:00 in the morning, so it should'nt be working so hard,

Also i double checked my part numbers
    numbers are
    Indoor Unit FDYQ160KV1
    Outdoor Unit RZQ160KV4A

Thanks again

Re: Daikin Liquid Temp.

The liquid temperatue you are measuring is part of the evaporator, as the expansion device is in the outdoor unit and is electronically controlled by the PCB.

You don't say how big your house is or what the terminal devices are or the return path to the indoor unit etc.

Here in the UK, many of the air conditioning units are designed to achieve 21C indoor when the outdoor temp is 27C, a 6K difference. You are achieving 12K so I would consider the unit is working quite hard.

It is difficult to diagnose a problem from so far away though.... you may or may not have a problem.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

AT 40°C outside I would think that you have exceeded the design conditions and must expect the indoor temperature to rise accordingly.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Take into consideration that the outdoor unit has an additional subcooling heat exchanger (at least RZQ200C7W1B has it).

28 deg indoors well that is not too bad considering it is 40 deg, the unit sounds undersized to me. the reason the liquid line is so cold is that it is pre expanded and not a true liquid line.
    what is the floor area of the place? is the return air ducted off?, try feild setting 13-6-02 to give you more air flow on your indoor unit, i feel as though you maybe undersized or crap insulation in the house or a lot of glass.

Blog Entries

If unit is correctly sized and in full working order than it should work without problems till outdoor temperature doesn't exceed 46°C.

http://www.affordair.com.au/equipmen...ted/ducted.htm

Most domestic ac is usually sized to track the oudoor temp <15 degC not maintain a setpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by brunstar View Post
    28 deg indoors well that is not too bad considering it is 40 deg, the unit sounds undersized to me. the reason the liquid line is so cold is that it is pre expanded and not a true liquid line.
    what is the floor area of the place? is the return air ducted off?, try feild setting 13-6-02 to give you more air flow on your indoor unit, i feel as though you maybe undersized or crap insulation in the house or a lot of glass.
    Thanks Brunster i have increased the fan speed much better air flow in outlets further away from unit. the unit is undersized for my whole house, but it is zoned so i only have two zones on which are the main trafic areas, Do you a a list / book will all the dakin codes in it?
    Cheers