Hello everybody of this forum:
Now I am thinking about immigrating to Australia as an air-conditioning mechanic.
I have obtained the national certificate of refrigeration of china, which means I am a qualified mechanic in my home country. And I will start my TAFE course in Melbourne from July, 2008 for 2 years in Holmesglen institute.
I could get the Certificate III and the Full Refrigeration and Air Conditioning License at the end of the first year according to the policy.
So, here goes the problem:
According to the policy of TRA (Trades Recognition Australia), I have to complete 900 hours work experience within tow years to reach the criterion of TRA. If I fell to meet the 900 hours requirement, then I have to leave OZ. Obviously it will be a tough task for me at that moment.

I just wonder if there any one who working in Australia (especially in Melbourne) as a refrigeration man could give me some tips about my plan and maybe explain the difficulty of getting 900 hours work for an international student within 1 year after I get the trade certificate and the license.
Those answers really means lots to me, I truly appreciate your help.
Cheers