Hi,
I'm the service manager for a smallish engineering firm in South Wales. I'll say right away that I don't work directly on the refrigerant side of our work but have boys in my team that do.
A number of our engineers have recently gained the City and Guilds 2078 qualification and have informed me that the way we work on refrigeration is going to be more costly than before because of the guidelines which means more time will be spent on each job. Obviously we need to inform our customers of the reasons for the increased costs but I am finding it difficult to find any relevant literature on the internet with precise guidelines to pass on to our customers. For example, as I understand it, if one of my engineers finds a leak, he is now duty bound to find the leak and repair it, which involves the reclamation of the gas from the system, purging the system with oxygen free nitrogen, repairing the leak and then regassing the system. These extra costs will come as a shock to most customers so I was wondering if you could guide me in the right direction so I can prepare a document for our customers which is easy for them to understand, but which clearly states the legal guidelines and the implications if the work is not carried out.

Many thanks for you help (I hope!!)
Chris