Hello guys it has been some time without me coming here, I'm working on a new project and some of the conditions on specifications for making a full skid equipment to power two ice generators is something I have been looking the reason why customer is demanding this:

- Refrigerant is going to be R449A (Even after my strong opposition, still wondering why they are not using R717)
- Two compressor in parallel - OK no problem here.
- Oil separator - OK no problem here.
- Air condenser - OK no problem here.
- Valves - OK no problem here.
- High pressure liquid receiver, here they are demanding to be horizontal vessel with a 30º inclination. According the technical guy of my customers say these helps to reduce the amount of refrigerant in the installation.

On my idea, this might helps to increase the "height" of liquid so could assure liquid velocity at the exit of the receiver. If I were to use R717, I also could understand assuring on the lower level to accumulate oil so I can drain on the bottom... but because they want to use R449A, oil is going to be set on top of the liquid level. So NO explanation to me.

Any documentation available on this topic, or explanation on why this helps improve in any how the system?

As always appreciate your inputs...

Dani