Hi

I have Miele K851 ID Fridge, and it suddenly stopped cooling. On the digital display when you turn it off and on, it comes u with F, then 8, and then flicks to 0. If you press the Super button, the internal fans comes on, and cools down to 2deg (digi display) and you here the compressor kick. Obviously some kind of fault code (I have searched the forum)

I had a Miele engineer turn up yesterday at 3.30pm yesterday (a Friday afternoon) and he reckon the compressor was sticking would then eventually seize and therefore you would need a new compressor at £765.00, but he said it wasn't worth doing as a new one would cost you nearly the same.

However, I don't think that was correct, and I think he couldn't be bothered to find or possibly fixed the fault as it was Friday afternoon. Why would the compressor run ok on super and not run on normal cooling mode?

I would assume that the compressor is ok, so its either a faulty thermostat (however the digital display appears to showing the correct temps) or the PCB board is faulty and not switching on the normal cooling.

Does anyone know whether the super mode just bypasses the thermostat for a period of six hours? If it does then I would think its the thermostat?

Any advice would be much appreciated?