Dear Sir, My elderly parents have a Candy frost-free fridge, and it started freezing up solid in the top part, freezing the milk solid etc. The milk was totally rock solid through and sticking out of the top, so it was really cold in there. They are getting a bit fed up of this now after a few months of me messing with it to try to fix it on-and-off. Before I go on below, I am an electronics engineer, and I can solder etc, and I rework SMD components for a living. I took out the PCB, changed the capacitors, and the relay, checked all the other components over, resoldered all of it, and refitted it, and it appeared to start working OK. However it has started freezing solid again after two months. Gradually getting colder and colder as if the timing intervals were out or somehing silly. I don't think that it is the PCB at fault to be honest at the moment, as it has been working fine again. I took the panel off inside on the freezer part, and there is a fan, heater, and the heat exchanger panel. Also there is a white box that is supposed to switch over when it is cold, as I got the data sheet from the US, and they told me that this is working OK after taking measurements when warm/cold. I have used a meter and observed this "little white box" is switching over OK. when the fridge gets cold at the bottom, and at a higher temp. it switches over again. (defrost cycle?) The 240V fan is working OK, and the heater measures low resistance showing that this is OK too. I have measured the thermistor input going into the control PCB, and this seems to be changing with temperature from low to high as in 5 to 10K or somewhere around this lower end, but I can't remember exactly as it was a while ago, but it was correct according to figures that I have seen before. I don't particularly want to waste my money on a PCB, when it could be something else though. Going on what I have found so far it seems hard to pinpoint without some parts to swap out, or a "flight kit" as they say! Have you got any ideas what it could be before I take a gamble and order a new PCB? BTW they switched it off, and now it is OK, but after a while it seems to "forget" the settings again, and freeze up again solid! So as it is OK, could the PCB's EEPROM or PIC, whatever it is be going faulty every once in a while? If it is OK, this proves that all the sensors are OK, but when it throws a wobbly it will gradually begin to freeze solid over several days. The heater, fan and the little "white box" switch are all working as I said before, tested them a few times. Mystery this one is. Any ideas anyone? Maybe I'll just get a part-ex PCB from eBay and take a chance if all else fails? Any input would be valuable please though. Thanks, Mark Lawton