Being new to both refrigeration and this group, I have a few very basic questions to ask. I spent the last hour or so gleening over previous post and could find nothing that directly answered my questions, nor provided leads to answers.

First and foremost is the identification of a compressor that was recently purchased. I believe it's an older model that's been sitting around awhile, never used. The information I have is:

Prestcold Model C500R1370K12M
5 HP
220V/3 PH

So far, attempts to dig up more information on this unit from online sources, (mainly the Copeland website) have produced nothing. Next step is to contact the local distributor, but I thought possibly someone in this knowledgeable group might either know, or have a lead to more info!?

Now the project description. I have a room, ~30' x 16', that I'd like to cool down to ~ 23F, or as close to that as possible. From what I can tell, two more components (at least) are required: a condenser and an evaporator.

Is there a range for the size of these other components to match up with the compressor? If so what is that range? If not what size of a condenser and evaporator is needed?

I'm presently downloading an etext that was posted elsewhere on this list. Any other resources (online or otherwise) for a raw newby that would like to have a practical, if limited, knowledge of this field?

tia,

Clyde Gill