I was hoping there may be some willing participants to enlighten me a little more on balanced port TX valves.
I have a handle on the operation and practical application (part way) of the balanced port tx valves, but I want to get a little more in depth pertaing to how I understand the valve.
For example: I have a small 3KW coolroom operating at a design temp of 2 degrees c. Design condensing is 45 C. During winter low ambients are experienced down to say 10 C + 13K condenser TD= 23 condensing (without any form of head pressure control). Obviously if this was to happen my back pressure would follow my head pressure down and I would end up drying out meat e.t.c. Large evap TD drier air. I would also experience TX problems-hunting and starving. Hypothetically if I installed an EPR to keep my S.E.T at desired conditions- which is not text book as we all learn to install EPR valves on multiple evaps with varying boiling temps, but if I did whack an EPR on the system and installed a balanced port valve could I float the discharge down and save some energy for future generations and experience the desired removal of heat.
Or should I just forget about it and go an electronic expansion valve and float down.

Are you out there professor.