Arrow Meat display cases medium temp! R-22 Defrost settingS?

I need to know from anyone that can help? what should i set these three medium temp closed meat display cases for on time setting for defrost, its a regular paragon 8140 b type, for typical conventional defrost,,,
    These cases are gravity fed, not forced air!
    the other thing is, is theres a low pressure control to the compressor on the service factor tubing of a reciprocator, towards the top of the can type compressor, where the factory charges or checks the unit for pressure losses, etc; thats where some guy installed the compressor control , and i believe that its a problem to hook it up there it only short cycles the compressor during the off cycle, maybe its the valves leaking by, or its a solonid valve leaking, or finally its just not the right place to insatll a low pressure control to bring on the compressor!
    am I right about this being a not a right place to install it?
    this is a two question post!
    I just have to get off my but after defrosting these and go and do the foot work , i guess!
    I did find the defrost set at one time a day for 90 minutes! that didnt do the job!
    Last edited by isitfixedyet; 26-05-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: type-o's lol

Re: Meat display cases medium temp! R-22 Defrost settingS?

Are there heaters to defrost the coil?

Q2, you can fit a pressure switch anywhere. Try adjusting the diff.

Chillin
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

Re: Meat display cases medium temp! R-22 Defrost settingS?

isitfixedyet, you win the prize for the most rambling question from the USA. Let's hope that you win out over the UK, once Refrigeration Idol is invented. But seriously

I need to know from anyone that can help? what should i set these three medium temp closed meat display cases for on time setting for Defrost, its a regular paragon 8140 b type, for typical conventional defrost,,,
    You need 120 minutes around midnight. I think a Paragon permits this.
    the other thing is, is theres a low pressure Control to the Compressor on the service factor tubing of a reciprocator, towards the top of the can type Compressor, where the factory charges or checks the unit for pressure losses,
    You have stumped the judges of Refrigeration Idol with that comment! I am guessing that you mean that the low pressure control is connected to what we refer to as a "process" tube. There is nothing wrong with that.
    this is a two question post!
    I am smiling. You wonder about a solenoid valve not sealing. This could be your problem. Some things you didn't refer to make me wonder. Does this case have a serpentine bottom coil? These are notorious for icing up the bottom of the case.

A two hour defrost once a day should be all you need. If you have your gauges on and the suction pressure fails to rise above the Saturated suction pressure of ice melting you likely have a leaking solenoid valve. This might also explain some of your other observations.