Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject as I am a Financial Adviser so my skills lie elsewhere. I have never done fridges before. It sort of packed in today. Both departments have gone warm. I have looked at other threads and have cleaned out the condensor compartment at the bottom front of the fridge-freezer. It was absolutely full of fluff and dust and muck after 8 years use. I have taken the bottom back panel off and cleaned it all out too. At the moment the bottom fan is working, spinning round. The big black steel ball thing next to it is vibrating / humming as if it is doing something. The fridge-freezer is making the typical humming / gurgling noise. The fan at the top back of the inside of the freezer compartment is not spinning (I don't know if it should be). I have just checked and the freezer has gone from -3 to -9, but the fridge is still +23. The freezer compartment is now empty.

Would any of you have any ideas as to what it could be please?

By the way, I know it's cheeky asking you for help like this, but I give everybody free advice all the time, never ever charge fees.

Thank you

John.