Hi, Lana

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Hi Josip,

I know, I just want to start from a simple system then complete it as I go ahead.

My first question is this : Do we have to select the compressor with capacity (200kW in this example), te=-40°C and tc=35°C? Or other parameters must be taken into account?
If the capacity is high for one compressor, then can we use parallel arrangement?

Thanks for comments.
Cheers
All new projects are connected to requirements/wishes and ability to fulfill them and you as design engineer are in between. You just start to dance with the wolfs

Generally the capacity of compressor/s must be little above the required one but more important is to install good condenser (maybe with one heat exchanger for sanitary water) to obtain lower and constant condensing pressure.

Regarding the number of compressors I prefer always to install more units (screws for full load and piston for reduced load in parallel work) because we need to have spare compressor to obtain reliable work. It depends on type of plant.

An example: for continuous freezing tunnel we can provide one/two screws for full capacity (one is/can be standby, depending how important is to have freezing tunnel to run in any time), but with cold store is much better to use mixed compressors with different capacities i.e. the same compressor you can use for tunnel or for cold store but with possibility to switch the system.

In your case maybe is not bad idea to think about two stage system -40°C/-10°C (-40°F/14°F) first stage and -10°C/+35°C (14°F/95°F) the second stage with 3 compressors. One for first stage , one for second stage and one connected to both system we use to call this one Jolly.

This way is of course more expensive, but this is only one idea.

Let's see some other suggestions

Best regards, Josip