LG Cassette lights

I have fitted 2 LG UT60 cassettes. One cassette is showing all of the lights on the cassette fascia panel. Anyone know why?

Re: LG Cassette lights

Try searching http://mylg.co.uk

The lesson to be learned is dont fit LG.......simple.

Thanks Electrocoolman, I'll try it. Andy, I'm starting to learn the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Climateman View Post
    Thanks Electrocoolman, I'll try it. Andy, I'm starting to learn the lesson.
    Don't worry, we've all been there. I ripped out a troublesome LG Cassette three years after fitting it and did a "Basil Fawlty" on it with a crowbar....Ha! You won't do that again will ya?
    Karl

was it a planned rip out or did you just loose it one day? By the way, nothing relevant on mylg.co.uk
    Last edited by Climateman; 14-03-2007 at 09:07 PM.

The thing had been pissing me off for three years so it was cold blooded murder...and yes I enjoyed it...Once I started beating it about the coils, I just couldn't stop and yes, I'm proud that I killed it. I'd been planning it for some time.

Replaced it with a Sanyo which only sees me for servicing.
    Karl

Climateman,
    You say there is nothing relevant on mylg site.

What is the set up of the 2 units....are they in the same room?....independant systems with own outdoor units? Group control? Wired or Infrared. How connected? Panel part numbers the same...correct for unit?
    Last edited by Electrocoolman; 12-03-2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Probably as well to contact your distributor for some of the famous "LG technical help", if you purchased from Shorts Environmental, do not ring, do not ask for parts under warranty, paperwork will be convieniently lost, all records of your phone calls will be erased.............

Regarding Karl smashing his troublesome LG to bits, I did exactly the same with a wall mount at just 3 years old and replaced it with a Fujitsu, very satisfying seeing an LG blitzed, thats for all the trouble LG have given me over a 2 year period you git!

Electrocoolman, cassettes are 2 x LG UT60 fixed speed models, each with it's own outdoor unit. They are in the same zone but each one has to have a separate controller (The larger LG units can't be group controlled - watch out for that one!)

ginger ninja Guest

you might want to double check that

i think you can group the UT60's as long as they are not on a synchro (twin, triple, quad) outdoor, so UU100 or UU72.

might be worth phoning LG themselves 01753 876772 and ask for technical. Or you could text the fault code on the wired remote to 07624 818794.

if you go to http://www.mylg.co.uk go to the fault diagnosis section and download the fault codes for universal all the info is there.

ref the technical help i am working on this, (i run lg uk tech department) LG are opening a full technical support facility in 2 weeks it will operate over the phone from 8-30 till 5-30 mon to friday. you will also be able to text your tech quiries to us.A simple fault diagnosis service is already running see mylg for details, numbers etc wil be posted so keep your eyes open.

it sounds like the problem is with the system setup, i assume this is a twin system, download the commissioning procedure (same site ) but commissioning procedures and check you have made all the right settings its easy if you know how.

regrads

hendrag
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 16-03-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Enabled the full website URL, thanks for the input Hendrag

Might be gettinbg somewhere. LG tech say it may be the fascia panel PCB. Re group control they say some of the series A&B cassettes can't be group controlled some can. The series C cassettes can all be group controlled.
    I'll get a new PCB from Dean & Wood and let you know how I get on

Replaced fascia panel PCB, problem resolved. Well done LG Tech, thanks everyone.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Glad to hear that the problem is resolved Climateman.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015