fcasa Guest

Amana ARSE667B Water wants to keep running

During my New Years party someone went to use the water dispenser and when they let go the button the water just kept running.The switch feels fine but I haven't taken it out for testing.I turned off the water at the valve to avoid flooding. When i shut the power off and turned it back on the display was reading "REFRIDGERATOR DOOR OPEN". I tried it again and this time it read "FREEZER DOOR OPEN". I suspect that it is a microprocessor problem (if it has one). Can somebody verify. Thanks.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Amana ARSE667B Water wants to keep running

Quote Originally Posted by fcasa View Post
    During my New Years party someone went to use the water dispenser and when they let go the button the water just kept running.The switch feels fine but I haven't taken it out for testing.I turned off the water at the valve to avoid flooding. When i shut the power off and turned it back on the display was reading "REFRIDGERATOR DOOR OPEN". I tried it again and this time it read "FREEZER DOOR OPEN". I suspect that it is a microprocessor problem (if it has one). Can somebody verify. Thanks.
    I supect it is also, call your local service man.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015