Thread: Ammonia Hose

Hybrid View

Re: Ammonia Hose

Tycho,
    Out of interest can you roll these up easily to fit in service vehicle?
    Thought they may be at risk of kinking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    Tycho,
    Out of interest can you roll these up easily to fit in service vehicle?
    Thought they may be at risk of kinking.
    they are corrugated on the outside but smooth on the inside, and coil up like a dream as they don't have a "memory" like the rubber hydraulic hoses.

I have a "charging hose" with ball valves on either end that I keep pressurized so I don't have to purge it or vacuum it before use.

pressurized, not like I leave it with 6 bar, after purging it I close the valves when there is still clean NH3 gas in it.
    a coiled up 10-15 meter hose I can hold up with my arm outstretched.

Screenshot_1.jpg

They take being driven over by forklifts, maybe not repeatedly but a couple of times

The hydraulic hoses are also braided, and had one being driven over by a forklift and it was completely blocked, couldn't push 40 bar of N2 through it.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Tycho,
    Thanks might check out.
    Probably expensive, but the one we get are anyway.

Blog Entries

Tycho,
    Thanks might check out.
    Probably expensive, but the one we get are anyway.
    Tell you what, pm me your address and I'll send you a 3 meter one

we use the 1/2" hose, outside diameter, and we have 3/8 NPT female connection on either end

Because then I can fit male, female, valve or whatever directly on the hose,

The shorter hoses, 1 or 3 meter I have 10mm Ermeto on either end, female swivel nut on one end and male 10L on the other end, because then I can connect it to the plant with the Danfoss SNV 10mm we use and then I can splice it on to my other hoses using male to female if I need.

But the shorter 3 or 1 meter hoses are between the vacuum pump and the plant, so that is svivel 10mm ermeto on either end

I have a coil of 10mm Pneumatic pipe I can use as vacuum pump discharge, but most of the jobs are smaller and while it's not ideal, I leave the vacuum pump up on deck to vacuum through the 10-30 meter of hose, as I can leave it there to work while I take all the other tools back to the car and other wise clean up around the job.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Tell you what, pm me your address and I'll send you a 3 meter one

we use the 1/2" hose, outside diameter, and we have 3/8 NPT female connection on either end

Because then I can fit male, female, valve or whatever directly on the hose,

The shorter hoses, 1 or 3 meter I have 10mm Ermeto on either end, female swivel nut on one end and male 10L on the other end, because then I can connect it to the plant with the Danfoss SNV 10mm we use and then I can splice it on to my other hoses using male to female if I need.

But the shorter 3 or 1 meter hoses are between the vacuum pump and the plant, so that is svivel 10mm ermeto on either end

I have a coil of 10mm Pneumatic pipe I can use as vacuum pump discharge, but most of the jobs are smaller and while it's not ideal, I leave the vacuum pump up on deck to vacuum through the 10-30 meter of hose, as I can leave it there to work while I take all the other tools back to the car and other wise clean up around the job.
    Just read your “lengthy “ post, very interesting.
    Stainless evaporative condensers could sufferer similar issues if not treated correctly.
    Once again very interesting posts & stories.

Thanks Tycho, can you send one to saenf as well ��
    Last edited by RANGER1; 03-05-2024 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Stainless evaporative condensers could sufferer similar issues if not treated correctly.

If he pm me his address I can
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Blog Entries

Yea"lengthy" when I am bored or have too much time on my hand, I'll write a dissertation
    -Cheers-

Tycho