Hybrid View

Re: Strange drop in compressor flow

That is an LPR. So you do have a separate vessel underneath the LPR (usually called an oil pot) that you drain from? How much water are you getting? Is the system running in a vacuum?

We don't have a separate vessel. I've attached picture of oil drain at the bottom of the vessel. I'll ask the operator to drain it of liquid and send the video. It seems to catch quite a lot of water. Thats why we decided to add an anhydrator.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 11.23.32 AM.jpg

System is not running a vacuum. At shut down, operator turns off the valve feeding liquid to the low pressure receiver. We turn off the compressor when it reached 1bar suction.

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    We don't have a separate vessel. I've attached picture of oil drain at the bottom of the vessel. I'll ask the operator to drain it of liquid and send the video. It seems to catch quite a lot of water. Thats why we decided to add an anhydrator.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 11.23.32 AM.jpg

System is not running a vacuum. At shut down, operator turns off the valve feeding liquid to the low pressure receiver. We turn off the compressor when it reached 1bar suction.
    I would suggest do not pump down to 1 bar, just turn off, close compressor suction if you must.

If you have compressor crankcase heater it can be left open, this is really old school operation, but you may have another reason?

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER1 View Post
    I would suggest do not pump down to 1 bar, just turn off, close compressor suction if you must.

If you have compressor crankcase heater it can be left open, this is really old school operation, but you may have another reason?
    I can talk to the operators about it. I think vacuuming might be helpful for unloaded start but its a question I've never asked.

Quote Originally Posted by aakbar View Post
    I can talk to the operators about it. I think vacuuming might be helpful for unloaded start but its a question I've never asked.
    I think when you pump down to 1bar you are lowering level in gravity feed vessel, it drops level so it does not work on restart.

Turn off at normal running suction pressure.
    Close compressor suction valve.
    On restarts you MAY have to keep suction stop valve restricted, open gradually bringing suction pressure down.