LG Air to water heat pump

Hi All

I have 2 LG Multi V5 ARUM200 & ARUM150 three pipe outdoor units (suction pipe blanked off/ not used) feeding 4 Hydro boxes for hot water.
    When i was monitoring the system the other day i noted on the LGMV software the oil light on the master system/unit compressor 1 & 2, oil lights were off more than they were on, we have had a couple of gas leaks on the system which may have lost a bit of oil. I have checked the oil return solenoid valve which i could hear clicking on & off so i assume unless it's blocked thats o.k. i also checked the oil balance solenoid valves but they didn't have any power, not sure when they get energized? so not sure when they open??
    How can i add oil & how much should i add, obviously i would normally put it in the suction line but as i said this port is not used/connected so assuming if i do try to put oil in there will it get to the compressors???
    Any idea on oil type??

Thanks for any assistance

Re: LG Air to water heat pump

Quote Originally Posted by chillyblue View Post
    Hi All

I have 2 LG Multi V5 ARUM200 & ARUM150 three pipe outdoor units (suction pipe blanked off/ not used) feeding 4 Hydro boxes for hot water. online games
    When i was monitoring the system the other day i noted on the LGMV software the oil light on the master system/unit compressor 1 & 2, oil lights were off more than they were on, we have had a couple of gas leaks on the system which may have lost a bit of oil. I have checked the oil return solenoid valve which i could hear clicking on & off so i assume unless it's blocked thats o.k. i also checked the oil balance solenoid valves but they didn't have any power, not sure when they get energized? so not sure when they open??
    How can i add oil & how much should i add, obviously i would normally put it in the suction line but as i said this port is not used/connected so assuming if i do try to put oil in there will it get to the compressors???
    Any idea on oil type??

Thanks for any assistance
    Hello, I really recommend a synthetic polyol ester (POE) oil. It is good for LG Multi V5 systems
    Last edited by ernestguir; 24-10-2023 at 11:27 PM.