Eliwell EWRC 500NT

Good morning to all! This is a long shot but you never know :-)

I have a cold room for storing beer and it's been workin fine for about 4 years but recently a new tenant moved in the apartment above where the compressor is installed and they're complaining about the noise. So I'm trying to find out how to enable the Night & Day regulator for this particular model (Eliwell EWRC 500NT) so that during night time the reduced set is enabled and the compressor practically shuts down. I have the manual and made almost all the necessary settings except for the Night & Day regulator itself. Really it's driving me nuts that I can't find this info, so if anyone has experience with this particular model please write back and give me a helping hand!!!

Re: Eliwell EWRC 500NT

If I am correct the reduce night time set point lowers the temperature of the coldroom over night with the idea the product can be cooled more with cheaper electricity and in the cooler night air to save energy costs during the day. This will make the compressor run more in the night not less.

It would be worth making sure the compressor is running as quietly as possible with no loose of missing screws or bolts etc, fan blades not out of balance, condenser coil clean. Fitting a fan speed control would help to lower the noise when running too if not already fitted.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: Eliwell EWRC 500NT

Hi there, thanks for replying! Well it depends, during night time you can choose what specific action you want to happen so I want to increase my set point temperature from 8 degrees Celsius to sth like 20 so ensuring that the compressor won't run. Problem is I can't figure out the exact settings in the EWRC 500 to do that.

Understood about those suggestions about loose screws etc... they've been taken care of. If all else fails I got a guy who can fit a professional soundproofing over the compressor, I just don't want to invest in it without first trying that option