Thread: Transfer pump

Transfer pump

What are you guys using when you need to transfer liquid from vessel to vessel with no dedicated transfer system on site?

Re: Transfer pump

Last contractor I worked for had a small, portable compressor we could bring on site and basically use to make a pressure differential between 2 vessels. That plus a hose between the vessel we wanted empty and the vessel we wanted to fill and Bob's your uncle. We would discharge into the vessel we wanted empty, and pull suction from the one we wanted full. The differential created would move all the liquid into the 2nd vessel. When the first vessel was full of hot gas, we would switch around and pull suction on it, while discharging into the other (after removing the transfer hose). We could pull down to about a 20" vacuum, if we were willing to make the transfer compressor suffer a little (and we were). I think it was a little Howe machine.

Probably a lot of ways to skin that cat, but this way worked for us a lot of times.

Good luck,
    MrFreez717

Hello,
    we are using here in France this type of unit:
    http://www.galaxair.com/medias/artic...102-F-95-2.PDF
    It's a pneumatic pump.
    very efficient for large ....or small systems

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cricri View Post
    Hello,
    we are using here in France this type of unit:
    http://www.galaxair.com/medias/artic...102-F-95-2.PDF
    It's a pneumatic pump.
    very efficient for large ....or small systems
    Oh I like that!

it's driven by compressed air?

Their links won't work when I switch to english, you wouldn't happen to have that information sheet in english?

Does it really pump 1200 L/hr of liquid?

When I am emptying a pump circulating plant I use the pump to push out liquid and an equalizing line back to the compressor suction, but it would take me 4-5 hours to pump out 1200 L using that method.

and then at the end I'd have to connect the evac compressor to get out all the gas and liquid that is trapped around the plant.

would make the last step faster if I could properly pump the system down and them dump everything into the LP receiver and use that galaxair to pump liquid from lowest point.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Hello Tycho,
    it's driven by compressed air, we did not test it for capacity but our field engineers are happy with that.
    PS: capacity will depend of hoses length, valves diameter, air pressure....
    our units are without condenser. technicaly it's very simple.
    I'm now retired with no access to our documents. Feel free to contact Galaxair,

Blog Entries

Thanks cricri, I will
    -Cheers-

Tycho

YES! That’s what I’m looking for. Any chance you have some contact info for someone I could email. Im having a hard time getting the website to translate nice. My email is in my contact information
    Last edited by frank; 09-03-2023 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Link removed

Quote Originally Posted by Nereferman View Post
    YES! That’s what I’m looking for. Any chance you have some contact info for someone I could email. Im having a hard time getting the website to translate nice. My email is in my contact information
    If you Google Galaxair as per post number 5 ......

Quote Originally Posted by Nereferman View Post
    Nereferman,
    Out of interest
    - how much do you think you need to transfer?
    - Which refrigerant?
    - How close is each vessel to each other?
    Are any running systems connected to them?
    Is there anything in vessel you want to transfer to, refrigerant, gas pressures etc.

I think pump expensive if you only need to use one time, not sure on future requirements.
    Excuse for lots of questioning.

Hi Guys
    I actually got a quote from an American Company (Howe Corp.) who at the time made a range of very impressive portable Ammonia Pump out Equipment.
    As it was 15,000 dolars shipped to the UK.
    My Bosses Declined.
    Follow the link For some Idea of what i was looking at, I have no idea whether they are still available?
    https://www.scribd.com/document/6270...ia-Compressors

Cheers Grizzly.
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Ranger1
    We are serving several facilities with around 9k lbs of r717, every plant is different some are packaged very close and some are very expansive facilities. In the last year we have used subs several times for pump outs and would like to start doing our own. A lot of plants in my area have been value engineered and do not have valves where needed, or transfer lines. Most of the time the systems are running and we are looking to empty a vessel on a running system, to another vessel either in the system or trailer mounted.

Not relevant information, deleted post
    Last edited by RANGER1; 11-03-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Do one a search on Haskel Tycho. They have pumps (in fact booster pumps) driven by air pressure on let's say 10 bar which can compressor for example nitrogen to 250 bar.
    We have some in a fully automated filling station for corn harvesters, pressurizing R134a to 20 bar in 4 small hydraulic containers to charge very fast the refrigerant into the system.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.