TEV identification

20230428_094637.jpg

Hi,

Anyone seen this TEV before? It's approximately 20 years old, and is quite corroded. I assumed it was Danfoss as 99% of our other valves and devices are Danfoss, but can't see the similarities.

For some reason, they have made the cap and bulb from copper and brass, which has almost completely corroded away.
    On the top i can read off: AMMONIA, EXPANSION VALVE, TYPE TVA. All other text is gone.

This is the TEV on our air purger. The company that built this plant is long gone unfortunately. Is installed after a strainer, also corroded and lacking in the identification department. Air purger is same story...

Mainly looking for brand. Picked it apart and looks quite clean inside. Worked fine last time i checked, but the purger itself was leaking on the solenoid for the airing line, so i was thinking of checking over everything else if i first begin with it.

Re: TEV identification

20230428_110031[625].jpg

This is the top of it, after i tried brushing it to see what was written.

unnamed 2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonBimon View Post
    20230428_110031[625].jpg

This is the top of it, after i tried brushing it to see what was written.
    SimonBimon,
    This valve is not 20 years old, more like over 50 years old & not exaggerating.
    It's a TVE 1-4, 1983 Danfoss Collection of instructions say's out of production in 1973.

I think a TEA20-1 would do it for a purger.

Thermostatic expansion valve, TEA 20-1, R717 | Thermostatic Expansion Valves | Expansion valves | Valves | Climate Solutions for cooling | Danfoss Australia Product Store
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RANGER1; 28-04-2023 at 12:15 PM.

HAHAHA, knew there was a reason i struggled finding any info on it. Plant was built in 1998, which is why i assume 20 years. Might be that they cannibalized an older plant and put the purger from that straight in here.

Thank you for good info RANGER1. Already ordered a TEA 20-1 from before i posted, but just got curious after dismantling it.