Known Pipe Suppliers??

Hello All,

I'm working on a new installation in Long Island, NY. To save on shipping costs I generally opt to purchase pipe on site. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a contact for industrial steel pipe for ammonia system applications located on the island or nearby that can deliver.

If anyone has a similar dilemma, I would be happy to share my local contacts for places I have done jobs.

Thanks in advance!!

Blog Entries

Re: Known Pipe Suppliers??

I would have called my suppliers and asked if they knew anyone in that area.

But Long Island doesn't seem like a place that is big on industrial suppliers.

I would have called a supplier I trusted and had a relationship with to make sure I'd get the correct grade and certificates for the pipes and elbows and whatnot and negotiated on the transport, or arranged my own transport if need be.

Often times shopping with the local supplier is more expensive because they have already had to pay the transport, plus I don't have any relationship with them.

for an emergency repair I would have gone to the one who can deliver fastest.

For a new installation I would have negotiated with my steady supplier to deliver a "pipe package" at a fixed price.
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Re: Known Pipe Suppliers??

I prefer independent pipe, I use the Windsor CT branch. Otherwise I think your only other option would be f.w. Webb. In your immediate area.