Hello guys, I'm still studying for my R290 cold trap project. Some have advised me that I could implement low pressure and high pressure controls for improve safety measures. However, I have hard time even finding a supplier for those items, and besides I've never seen a small appliance with R290 or R600a, which uses a capillary tube, fitted with high or low pressure controls. Ideally, I'd want the low side to not go below 0 psig, and the high side to mantain its optimal values considering a condensing themperature of 35-40 °C. If I recall correctly, there is a physic law, called the ideal gas law, which states that pressure and temperature of a gas should have a direct proportion. I was thinking that I could stick two thermocouples and have a microcontroller to halth the compressor in case the themperature of the vapour and liquid line go over a threshold. I can define this threshold using the R290 pressure chart or by measuring the themperature of the copper pipes while I still have my pressure gauges on so I'll know what themperatures are correct. Are my assumptions correct or is there something blatantly wrong with my understanding?
Thanks everyone!