Fujitsu PCB question

Hi

I Have a Fujitsu AOTG45LATL with OD board issues. I have diagnose the ACTPM board as having a fault with the bridge rectifier.

The main PCB has two voltages to it

1 = 240vac from the incoming supply
    2 = 300vdc from the transistor board

I am wondering if the ACTPM would effect the operation of the main PCB board? There is no life on the main card and spares are taking along time, i can get a ACTPM quick and wondering if this was replaced would it resurrect the main board?

Cheers

Re: Fujitsu PCB question

I have the exact same issue, changed the Actpm board today but the main board is dead, no lights no life.
    Gonna change main board tomorrow, i'll let you know how I go

So, I changed the main board today, It lit up for 5 seconds and then went dead.
    After a bit of searching around, found that the posistor was tripping, give it 5 minutes and it resets.
    But then same thing happens again. Looks like there maybe a short in the filter pcb, but can't find any testing results for this board.

https://www.refrigeration-engineer.c...708&highlight=

My post number 8 for the checking procedure that works for me. Current flows through the posistor first, if all good a relay closes and bypasses it to allow full current.
    If there is a short the posistor opens as a safety.
    It's a case of plugging bits in one by one until you find the faulty part. Main culprit is fan motor and ACTPM. Make sure power has been off before unplugging fan motors and other high voltage boards. Posistor can take a minute or two to cool down and reset.
    Let me know if you need it explained better, I'm away this week but can pick up a diagram from the weekend onwards to help.
    Cheers, Andy.

Thanks a lot gents,

I am waiting on the ACTPM to come in, it coming soon! The main board is delayed. So where is the posistor located? Is this the risistor on the main board? Is it possible after a ACTPM change I may get life on the main board? What could be taking it out if not?

Cheers Phil

Ive found the fine wires inside the SMPS transformer (marked JPZ right in the middle) break. Could be from vibration or could be from a power spike. Check the pinout from a working board / or from a circuit diagram. I found mine had lost the 15v rail to gnd.