Thread: Error code - f2

Error code - f2

I have a air conditioning Unit Midea Model KFR-23IW/XIC-M the unit works heats and cools OK but the internal unit shows ERROR F2, the company who supplied the unit to me advise me its a problem with the external outdoor coil sensor. Although I purchased the unit from them, they are unable to supply this part.

I have checked the connections to this sensor and the plug and circuit board look OK, can anyone advise where I can obtain this sensor to get rid of this error, I don't want to replace the unit because of a small sensor

Re: Error code - f2

Try the Air Conditioning Centre, New Milton, Hampshire, 0370 3344 556

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Have you the wifi app? Is so run the self check on it, this will give the fault, can't see an F2 fault on the app.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Frank - Thank you for the link I have contacted them to see if they can help

FAULT CODES.pdf Thank you for your reply the unit does not have a wi-fi connection but error F2 indicates a faulty outdoor unit sensor, the problem I have is I am having difficulty in obtaining the part I need

The Air Con Centre should be able to get them. I've done warranty work on those units for them for them and have had no issue with parts from them.
    Those units with model numbers KFR... are domestic/DIY type units which used to be sold by internet shops, electrical wholesalers but not AC distributors.
    Midea made them I believe but many were rebadged with names like Chigo on them or 'powered by Toshiba' instead. Midea have become more contractor focused and signed up some AC distributors to sell their goods but they aren't those KFR systems, more commercial/heavier duty than the domestic type you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post
    The Air Con Centre should be able to get them. I've done warranty work on those units for them for them and have had no issue with parts from them.
    Those units with model numbers KFR... are domestic/DIY type units which used to be sold by internet shops, electrical wholesalers but not AC distributors.
    Midea made them I believe but many were rebadged with names like Chigo on them or 'powered by Toshiba' instead. Midea have become more contractor focused and signed up some AC distributors to sell their goods but they aren't those KFR systems, more commercial/heavier duty than the domestic type you have.
    I have contacted Midea the error F2 is a short or open circuit on the condenser sensor, I have checked this sensor and it reads about 12K at 20-degrees and the resistance changes as I warm it up so I cannot actually see anything wrong with the sensor. There are three sensors on one plug which plugs into the PCB, they all test OK to me two read 12K and one 70K, they can supply these set of sensors at £24 but I am not sure this is the problem. I will contact the Air Con Centre to see if they can advise

I have now managed to get a new set of sensor, I replaced all three but unfortunately it did not cure the problem the Unit still works, I can switch it on and off and it works, heating and cooling but still has the error F2, anyone any ideas?