LG Heatpump and Controller details required.

Hi Guys
    A long one but please bare with me!
    Last week I overheard a conversation between my daughter in law and her friend. which led me to discover quite an appalling situation.
    Basically it transpires that the friend, her partner and 4yr old Son have been without heating via the heat pump since January 2021. They have Hot water because i assume the Immersion Heater is kicking in.
    They both work alternating shifts as they are both young police officers. Using an Electric oil filled heater in their lounge as heat!!!
    Hearing this I said I would try and help them!
    I explained that prior to my retirement in Jan 2020 I had,had 32 yrs in the industry. And still held all the relevant Tickets necessary to work on Refrigeration Equipment of all types!
    Including Advanced Fault finding for Daikin Altherma Systems. I was unsure as to how far i could go, because i no longer had Public liability or the backup of an employer. But i was willing to help try and diagnose the issue/s at least.
    So I arrive at their nearly new Build (2017 I suspect)
    Apparently they had a leak under their stairs which was repaired by a Plumber (who was an ex refrigeration engineer apparently?)And the outside froze up?? This may be a red herring it could of been the condenser? Once i go back with a refractomer to check the Glycol level I will know more.
    Despite the leak repair the Plumber was unable to get the heat pump working advising them that a PCB board was faulty which would cost them £500.00 to replace having been paid he went off never to be seen again!
    I asked if they had any manuals for the controller or Heat Pump --- "No the plumber took them with him!"

Checking the controller which i have not seen before but i was able to confirm that there did not appear to be any faults showing. Which is what the lady had been told when she spoke directly to LG who talked her through the controller. ie It should work?
    Picture of the controller in the link below. Sadly the model number is obscured I have asked for another.
    I then went outside to look at the Condensing unit. Guess what the data plate has been tampered with having had the model details obscured. Discuss!!!
    So I cannot Progress this any further unless someone with access to the relevant info can assist me.
    Then i can at least work out who,when and How we can move forward.
    Apparently there are large numbers of Heat Pumps being installed by Plumbers. There is a big market there for
    someone (Obviously Younger than Me!) but with the right skills.
    I hope to hear from someone as i do feel sorry for this couple.
    Thanks Guys Grizzly

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ick...92aeor5/shared

Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Re: LG Heatpump and Controller details required.

Hi Steve
    Not sure of the model, perhaps next door has a similar one with the data plate intact.

Haven't worked on many LG heat pump monoblocks but found that they remain in standby if the water heating circuit is below 10C. No error codes showing. LG advise to use the hot water tank immersions and allow the heating pump to operate, thereby slowly raising the circuit temp above 10C
    Can't for the life of me remember how to do this as, like yourself, I am enjoying retirement ��

Neil Afram at Spaceair are now authorised LG dealers ...perhaps they can help
    Last edited by frank; 06-02-2023 at 08:27 PM.

Good on you for helping them, have you verified basics, power to outdoor, controller working? If "plumber" repaired something, verify flow, has he left valves shut or an actuator disconnected.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Hi Guys thanks for the prompt replies.
    Frank is the Guy you mention at spaceair someone you know? if yes i would like to mention your name!
    Only in all the years we have conversed over the forum. I don't believe I have ever known your Surname. I need a manual for the controller really, as what you mention about the flow and return water temp could be highly relevant.
    Because this morning when I was cautiously trying to interrogate the controller. I got what is listed as Hot water pump displayed but no running condenser ( apparently normally You can hear it running from the kitchen which we could not!)
    At this initial stage I did not want to go further Ie control / power circuit supply checking. which would be the obvious way to go. Once i have some info!
    That's not a bad shout about referring to a unit next door I may end up having to do that.
    Yours could also be valid Al. I was a bit limited this time around because she had dropped their son of at reception class or whatever they call it nowadays. Prior to going to work and He was upstairs asleep having come off night shift.
    So the initial inspection raised more questions than answers.
    The irony is although i will not be charging them. I don't charge family and Friends and its not work anymore for me.
    these guys are not adverse to paying someone to fix it. I am just trying to identify what the actual problem is Prior to their seeking its repair.
    Thanks again guys. Grizzly

This might be of help https://youtu.be/-OXFy2a14FE

Your a good man Frank thanks for the link. There is lots of good info there, sadly that's for the latest R32 system with LCD Digital controls.
    Sadly the Units they have are I assume the previous versions! As the Refrigerant is R410a and the controller is the older style with push Buttons.
    Once I get the updated photo from the Lady We all should be wiser as to which it is.
    Thanks again my friend. your help is appreciated.
    Grizzly

Found this Grizzly...might be of use
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/86...p.html?page=90

I've sent you a couple of bits to the email on your vcard.
    Not sure they'll prove of much help, the service manual is more wiring and pipe diagrams and the sales brochure is just the glossy guff but might be of some use. They are for older Therma V systems but perhaps yours falls into that category.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Wow Guys. Had a quick look at the info you both have posted. Both options look like they could be very Helpful. I will peruse some more tomorrow.
    I will let you guys know more when i know more myself.
    A yep my vcard info is good.
    Thanks and I will endever to return the compliment whenever I can.
    Grizzly