Misubishi ducted air filter cleaning

Hi all

I have a Mitsubishi ducted aircon ~3 years now (details below) and I believe it it is throwing air with less preassure than originally. I guess it is because cleaning of filtering is needed.

AFAIK the filters are not in the return grilles but in the internal unit itself so I cannot check easily. Is this expected?

Checking the manual it is stated that the system indicates when filter cleaning is required. The internal units, where the filters are located are not easy to reach and I would try avoid cleaning these filters if not necessary. Can I trust this "clean filter" indicator of the units? or should I just clean the filters periodically no matter what?

Comments are very much appreciated

Many thanks

This is the aircon I have

- 1xMXZ-2D53VA
    - 2xSEZ-KD25VAQ

Re: Misubishi ducted air filter cleaning

Filters should be cleaned on a regular basis, usually once a year or every 6 months if you are in a ' dirty environment' such as a shop with heavy footfall, where lots of dust is generated.

If you have not cleaned them for 3 years then I would suspect they are heavily blocked leading to the reduced performance you are seeing.

There should be easy access to them on the back of the unit and they 'clip out' . Once cleaned with a vacuum, I would recommend that you rinse them out with a mild soap solution and let them dry before re-fitting.

The 'Filter Clean' reminder is just a timer and not based on the physical condition of the filter

Re: Misubishi ducted air filter cleaning

Fantastic

Many thanks for the clarifications Frank!

Have a great weekend