MVAC (automotive) refrigeration material?

Are there any automotive refrigeration books available? I am interested in learning basic system design fundamentals, heat exchanger design, compressor design, system sizing/load calculating.

Unfortunately in many years I have not found any way to learn about this other than securing a job in the field. I understand a lot of principals of automotive are different due to the dynamic nature (quickly changing heat loads and compressor speed, ambient temperature) and the compact nature. For example the use of orifice tubes which are not used in HVAC as well as variable displacement compressors, micro tube heat exchangers etc.

Automotive AC is typically designed to run at the coldest possible EVAP with quick compressor cycling whereas HVAC should be sized to prevent excessive cycling. Auto AC you want cold air blowing on you, HVAC you want moderate temp drop across the EVAP.

Re: MVAC (automotive) refrigeration material?

What about looking at refrigeration books? You might find more relevant stuff than in domestic HVAC books.
    Open drive compressors.
    Mechanically variable capacity compressors.
    A variety of different expansion devices and valves.
    Different system designs and circuit layouts.
    Interested to hear about opportunities to learn. - http://www.linkedin.com/in/s34nf