Smart Control of a Ducted Air Con System

Hi all,

I've an apartment with ducted AC and Heating. It has a single control panel and thermostat in the living room meaning you set the temp you want in the living room and the system either cools down or warms up every room in the apartment to the temp required in the living room. Two problems with this:-

1. As the AC/Heating vents can only be directed but not fully closed whatever temp is set in the living room becomes the temp in all rooms regardless of whether there is anyone in those rooms or whether they'd prefer a different temperature in those rooms.

2. By not being able to close the vents in each room if all you want to do is warm or cool the living room (for example) you effectively have to get all rooms in the house to that temp which is just a giant waste of money.

I'm thinking of installing this smart AC control system (https://www.airzone.es/en/) based on nothing more than a Google search but haven't been able to see much in the way of positive reviews. I like the retro fit model, how it allows you to install temp control panels in each room for individualised temp control, how you can electrically control the vents in each room to be open or fully closed etc and how the entire system can be controlled remotely via a smart phone app and WiFi with geo-fencing etc thus enabling you to cool or warm just the rooms you want but I'm not familiar with the company and would be happier with a similar Google or Tado solution who are so well established and trusted.

Any thoughts? Any suggested alternatives which offer the same or better functionality?

Re: Smart Control of a Ducted Air Con System

Wrong forum?

Does this shut the outlets down, ideally you'd want to ramp supply fan speed down at same time. Let us know how you go with it.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

In three posts you managed to get your advert in.

You wonder why we are slow to respond to new posters when the majority have an agenda to try and hawk their products.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob White View Post

In three posts you managed to get your advert in.

You wonder why we are slow to respond to new posters when the majority have an agenda to try and hawk their products.

Rob

When did you get elected prosecutor, judge and jury? No need for any evidence, you dream up a shill theory and pronounce it as fact.

I've no connection to this or any other AC company whatsoever. I came here looking for some info from people with an interest in the topic and this is what you dish out?

Do you seriously think a long established company who have the resources to develop such a system would incorporate some sort of cheap shilling on SC forums as part of their sales and marketing activity?

Nice welcoming attitude.

That's what I was hoping to find out but Rob seems more interested in sitting in judgement of his own little conspiracy theories.

I honestly have no idea whether the Airzone system is any good. I know zero about it or any similar systems. I'm not even aware of any similar systems and was also hoping to find out details of alternative systems, the respective pro's and con's but so far nothing.

Good to share. Our HVAC team specializes in all HVAC-related services. We offer heating and air conditioning installations as well as all types of repairs. We also offer preventative plans like inspections for the Spring and Winter as well as yearly service agreements that include all the top brands.
    Last edited by frank; 24-12-2022 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Advertising link removed

Quote Originally Posted by ayzal00 View Post
    Good to share. Our HVAC team specializes in all HVAC-related services. We offer heating and air conditioning installations as well as all types of repairs. We also offer preventative plans like inspections for the Spring and Winter as well as yearly service agreements that include all the top brands.
    Thanks Ayza100, have you ever come across this system or anything similar to it in terms of functionality?