cooling cylinder

hi
    i want to cooling one stainless steel cylinder by 4 cm dia and 20 cm length.i m thinking that fill the cylinder with r22 liquid gas.is there any cycle that fill the cylinder continuously with liquid r22? i mean is it possible keeping liquid r22 in cylinder and add a compressor to liquefy r22 and back it to cylinder?is there anyone help me?
    thank you

Re: cooling cylinder

What temperature are you looking for?
    With such a small cylinder it may be more practical to use a water bath connected to a chiller

the temperature must be -40 to -50 c.i have been thinking must use liquid r22 or liquid co2.is there any cycle that continuously fill cylinder with liquid gas like compressor and condenser cycle in chiller?

Blog Entries

Hi

What is the load of your system.

R22 is better than R 744 .

Also you can use R 507 (( boiling temperature at 0 Bara (g) = - 46.7 c))

R22 (( boiling temperature at 0 Bara (g) = - 41.1 c))

So R 507 is better than R22

you can use DX or Flooded system in Evaporator .

Designing Dx type system is more easy than Flooded type in small systems

Don't forget suction accumulator and be carful to returning of oil and Slope of pipes
    Last edited by mbc; 14-10-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Not my area of expertise.
    However I never let that stop me
    Depending on how long you want to keep it cold and how accurate regulation you need you might think about using Liquid Nitrogen. We did that once with a Cold Plate in Vacuum Chamber. Total Loss system.

liquid nitrogen is very cold an need to vacuum.in our system cylinder must be cold for long time(1 to 2 hours).liquid nitrogen evaporate very quickly.we should use too much nitrogen

hello again friends
    i have been thinking about use liquid air.is there any small cheap air liquid generator that provide small amount of liquid air?

Quote Originally Posted by rezasth View Post
    hi
    i want to cooling one stainless steel cylinder by 4 cm dia and 20 cm length.i m thinking that fill the cylinder with r22 liquid gas.is there any cycle that fill the cylinder continuously with liquid r22? i mean is it possible keeping liquid r22 in cylinder and add a compressor to liquefy r22 and back it to cylinder?is there anyone help me?
    thank you
    R22 is a refrigerant. So if you want to cool the cylinder, you have to go through the cycles of cooling and heating. You can use compressor and a condenser to do this. You can also use a compressor and a heat exchanger to do this. I am assuming that is what you want to do. If you want to cool it from room temperature to -4C, you need to do a cooling cycle. In this cycle, you will pass a refrigerant through the heat exchanger and the heat exchanger will cool it to -4C. Now the cylinder is at -4C. In the next cycle, you will pass a refrigerant through the compressor. The compressor will compress the refrigerant to a hot gas. This hot gas will transfer its heat to the cylinder until the cylinder is at 6C. In the next cycle, you will reverse these two steps. You will again pass a refrigerant through the heat exchanger and the heat exchanger will heat the cylinder to 4C and the cylinder will reach 4C.
    Last edited by frank; 13-01-2023 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Advertising link removed

I made a cooler that cooled one can of Pepsi, Coke, Fanta*, you get the idea and
    I made it from a scrapped domestic fridge. I used it as a demonstrator for students.

It was basically 2 coils a compressor and a capillary line. There was no control, it just ran when plugged in.

The evaporator coil was formed by wrapping about 6 metres of 1/4" (about 5 mm) copper pipe around a full can
    and then brazed all together. I did the same for the condenser with about 10 metres of 1/4" copper and then connected it all up.

It was charged with R144a but any refrigerant could be used. Because it had no control I had to remove the can before the contents froze but the system ran fine and the temp can be controlled easily. -40 degC would be easy to achieve with the correct refrigerant setup.

Rob

* For the adults who are reading, it was not a can of Pepsi it was a can of BEER................

Last edited by Rob White; 13-01-2023 at 08:56 AM.
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..