Thread: Help

Help

Hi all,

I have a r404a application where i have to use a low temperature (-35C evaporation) temperature screw compressor and medium/high temperature (0C Evaporation) scroll compressor to be used in the same circuit. these compressors are not working at the same time. I have an oil tank in the system and cannot decide which oil to use.

Screw compressor manufacturer recommends 170Cst viscosity oil, on the other hand scroll compressor manufacturer recommends 32Cst viscosity oil. The screw compressor manufacturer indicates the compressor would have major mechanical problems if lower viscosity oils are used especially in low evaporation temperature conditions.

Has anyone had experience using 170Cst viscosity oil on scroll compressors? What would be the major/minor impact?

I wouldn't mind slight performance reductions.

Thank you in advance
    Lars
    Last edited by frank; 14-09-2022 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Advertising link removed

Re: Help

I have not worked on a screw and scroll in the the same circuit but I have worked on circuits where
    a scroll was feeding both low and high temperature evaporators and in that situation the scrolls were
    always on low temperature oil.

If the screw is critical with it's oil then that it a given but from experience maybe the scrolls aren't as
    critical.

How long has it worked and why would separate different compressors be put into one circuit??

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

170 is a formulated VG170 synthetic polyol ester (POE) lubricant designed for commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning compressors (including scroll). Designed to maximize lubrication in HFC systems. It provides superior bearing protection with greater film strength than standard oils.

fridge repair service dubai

Are you sure the screw compressor manufacturer's recommendation isn't for 170 SSU oil (Staybolt Seconds Universal)? These are different units than CentiStokes and the two are often confused.

MrFreez717