Rotolock spanners for awkward places, my solutions.

Hi all, thought I'd show my solutions for difficult Rotolock positions and how to undo/do them up tightly. There have been other posts on the forum about this issue, but they're not active now.

The chopped off big shifter has worked fine all these years, and I've shown some of the cap protectors/anti-rotation-gizmo I do from old hydraulic fittings. I do a bit of lathe work on them to make all threading parallel. I also try to do the various internal threads so that they have a taper that can nestle up against the stem "body" for better support.....not just on the thread...but this is not always possible. The shifter socket hole wore out a few fine files getting just right after initial dremel work, but has lasted well.

It's all fairly self-explanatory and you can also swear with me at the dingbats who run main power cabling across the access hole. No way to change it with the system in place, but it could have easily been done during initial construction. Some people just don't think about the future needs at all. I'd so like to kick them up the bum for the extremely careful placement of isolator and cable from there to the main control box, for maximum impact on serviceability! This sort of thing is the reason my tools evolved in the first place!

cheers, Aus

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Last edited by Aussieman; 30-08-2022 at 04:24 AM.