Laser Lime Condensate Pumps

Anyone having troubles with the newer "super-dupa" laser mini-lime pumps? I had one installed less than 2yrs ago and it has just died. I didn't think to register it when I bought it, as those pumps normally do a fair job. If I had I could have claimed on their 2yr warranty -- only 12mths if not registered. So now, as the engineer says no way to fix it, I have to throw it.

I spoke to a few other aircon engineers about it and they say the same thing. And they have stopped buying that laser version due to call-backs/swap outs.

I bought an older version float-type lime off of eBay and had that swapped with the dud. Solved (except the bad taste of suffering the cost of a new pump and labour).

Just wondered if anyone else having these problems, or is it just me. And if there is anything I can do to fix the dead laser jobbie.

Re: Laser Lime Condensate Pumps

just me, then.

Just because no one has come back does not mean that the issue you have highlighted does not exist Good Man.
    Obviously current readers did not " Want to run with it!"
    It happens sometimes.
    A good post all the same.
    Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Easy to miss a new post if you don't visit the site every few days as they disappear from the 'What's New' section...

The new mini pumps weren't a great success. Was told they had dodgy soldering on the PCB. They can either not run at all or just constantly pump.
    As usual the manufacturer doesn't admit fault but have seen and heard of plenty going wrong. It's a shame because the original type with the float were the industry go to pump for wall mounts.
    Original replacements were hit and miss but I think the ones now available are alright.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Tayters; 02-10-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks for that.